Site of Significance (2) My Room

Site of Significance: My Room

(sorry for the low quality of photos I had to lower it down because it could not exceed 172 MB) + (No scanner at home)

Page 1- This is the page that I organised to layout my first pages, I expressed my ideas into this page and what I could do for each page, planning dates for when to take photos

I included ideas with people in my social life, including family and friends

• How I will bring Lisa Reihana into my pages, bringing maori history and filipino history together in one page.

I created a page for my transcript, the page is about my ideas about the character that Lisa Reihana used in her “Pursuit of Venus”

• I used a palette knife and oil based paints

I thought of a theory that the character was captain James Cook because of the costume design

in Pursuit of Venus [infected]: Lisa Reihana | Norval Foundation

This page is to explain how I perceive her way of producing works

I examined her piece again (Infected, In Pursuit of Venus)

She retells history of Maori, creating a backgroung which is highly stylised, not entirely realistic but semi.

The models were perfectly blending in the setting, the shadows were created to make an illusion that they’re part of the background.

This is the second page I created, it focuses on the values that are important to me, I painted objects that I considered significant.

For the 3rd blog post, I’ll be introducing more pages and going into further detail about each of my works.